Online shopping (e-commerce)
Your customers can buy with online shopping quickly, conveniently and inexpensively. Customer needs can be optimally met. Your customers have better opportunities to compare prices and products and thus achieving higher customer satisfaction.
E-commerce and online shopping offers numerous benefits to both businesses and customers.
- Speed: purchasing processes can be carried out and processed without delay; the product arrives very quickly.
- Customers can order around the clock and are not tied to retail opening times.
- Convenience: Customers can search through online catalogs from home, browse shops, choose the product they want and pay for it.
- Overcoming spatial distances.
- Many e-shops offer a 24-hour service: generally quick response time for problems and inquiries.
- Better comparison of price and product.
- Customer needs are optimally met with high customer satisfaction.
- High efficiency: online shopping not only accelerates the sales process but minimizes personnel costs.
- Low transaction costs: cash register, inventory and shop systems automatically monitor inventory and cash flow; the establishment of branches may become superfluous.
An online shop alone is no longer enough in the face of huge competition. To get big sales in e-commerce, you need online marketing. The importance of online marketing measures are:
- Search engine marketing (SEM): Search engine optimization (SEO) for the unpaid search results, search engine advertising (SEA) for the paid search results.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Display advertising
Of these marketing measures, SEO and social media marketing are particularly well suited to tight budgets; Founders in particular should use these measures to promote their own online shop.